The European Conference on Quality in Official Statistics, Q2024, brings together experts in statistical science and data quality – statisticians, academics and stakeholders from various European statistical systems and organisations on an international scale. Q2024’s main objective is to promote the dissemination of knowledge and research on emerging issues related to the quality of official statistics.
INE Portugal has participated regularly and actively since the first edition (2001), presenting papers, moderating sessions and taking part in the organisation of the conference and its committees. This is the first time this conference has been held in Portugal, and the event is organised by Eurostat and INE Portugal.
The 2024 edition will focus on the role of official statistics as a pillar of democracy, as well as on the main challenges faced by official statistics in a changing context. These challenges concern user confidence, science and research, as well as the implementation of innovative methods that ensure quality and the development of competences.
Q2024 will address the following topics:
- Institutional reference framework for quality in official statistics
- Innovation and research to promote quality in official statistics
- The power of data – how to serve society
- INE capacities to seize opportunities in challenging contexts
Four training courses are also planned for this event:
- Quality Management in Official Statistics
- Official Statistics and Artificial Intelligence
- Dissemination / Communication
- Quality and integration of administrative and private data
- 31 December 2023 – submission of abstracts; the platform for their submission is already available on the event website;
- 19 April 2024 – registration at a reduced price; registration at a special price for students up to 30 years old (limited places).
See all the information about Q2024 here.